Bonus Pedaling for a Purpose Session at West 6th Farm!
NOTE: SPECIFIC INFORMATION FOR EACH DATE WILL BE UPDATED HERE ABOUT A WEEK BEFORE INCLUDING SPEAKER INFORMATION AND ROUTE DISTANCES, RIDE LEADERS, AND MAP LINKS
- Featuring a 45 minute education sessions followed by group rides
- Participants earn points toward a free tee shirt or jersey by attending sessions
- Each mile pedaled during the rides earns $0.40 for the charity of the day
We will offer traditional BCC group rides for all paces, with ride leaders, but you can also come, sign in, do your own thing, and have your miles count for our charity of the day.
The charities we will be riding for include our four local NICA teams (youth mountain biking teams) located in Fayette County, Clark County, Madison County, and Woodford/Franklin Counties, Bluegrass AMBUCS - an organization that provides specially adapted bikes for kids who need them, and Broke Spoke, our local community bike shop.
We will have a yoga practice as our education session at the farm before the ride. Please bring a yoga mat or beach towel and water for the session!
On Sunday, May 21 we will be offering an extra session at West 6th Farm on Shadrick Ferry Road in Franklin County. Those attending will receive points toward the free jersey or tee shirt, however this event has not been included in our overall ride series when we calculated the points needed. In short, it presents an opportunity to ride some different roads and make up for a session you might be missing due to vacation or other obligations.
- To provide educational opportunities for people wanting to learn more about bikes and cycling
- To provide an opportunity for anyone who wants to ride a bike, whether with a group or not, to meet and mingle
- To support health and fitness related charitable organizations
- To mix and expand the various cycling communities that exist in our area
- To provide incentives for people to ride their bikes
- To introduce cycling to new populations
The Bike Part:
Rides start 1 hour after the education sessions begin and will feature various distances, experience levels, and paces. There will also be an option for people to come, sign in, and do an urban ride or ride on their own.
The Charity Part:
The maximum contribution to AMBUCS and Broke Spoke is $1,400 with $500 each for the NICA teams, assuming enough miles are logged by participants. Contributions will be made jointly by the BCC and West 6th.
Rider Rewards Part:
Riders will receive rewards at the end of the program based on participation points. 1 point will be awarded for each education session attended and 1 point for each ride attended for a total possible point total of 22 points.
Riders who have 15 or more points will receive a free jersey
Riders who have between 10 and 14 points will receive a free tee shirt
However a participant must have at least 2 points from both rides and education sessions (in other words, to earn a jersey or tee shirt, a participant must attend at least some of both)
There will be a party, celebration, jersey/tee shirt distribution and charity recognition/check delivery event in January of 2024!!!
For more information: https://www.facebook.com/westsixthpedalsandpintsbikeclub