West 6th Brewery and the BCC
Invite You To Join Us For Pedaling for a Purpose 2022
- Featuring a 45 minute education sessions followed by group rides
- Participants earn points toward a free tee shirt or jersey by attending sessions
- Each mile pedaled during the rides earns $0.40 for the charity of the day
We will offer traditional BCC group rides for all paces, with ride leaders, but you can also come, sign in, do your own thing, and have your miles count for our charity of the day.
The charities we will be riding for include three of our local NICA teams (youth mountain biking teams that are just getting started in Central Kentucky), Bluegrass AMBUCS - an organization that provides specially adapted bikes for kids who need them, and Broke Spoke, our local community bike shop.
Education sessions will feature a different speaker each session. Check a week before each scheduled event for information about the presentation and for routes that week. Depending on where we are with COVID capacity restrictions, we may require sign ups to attend the education sessions.
Ride Dates and Times:
All rides will begin from West 6th Brewery in Lexington
April 23 - 8:45am
May 7 - 9 am
May 21 - 9 am
June 4 - 9 am
June 18 - 9 am
July 9 - 8 am
July 23 - 8 am
August 13 - 8 am
August 20 - 8 am
September 17 - 8:30 am
- To provide educational opportunities for people wanting to learn more about bikes and cycling
- To provide an opportunity for anyone who wants to ride a bike, whether with a group or not, to meet and mingle
- To support health and fitness related charitable organizations
- To mix and expand the various cycling communities that exist in our area
- To provide incentives for people to ride their bikes
- To introduce cycling to new populations
The Bike Part:
Rides start 1 hour after the education sessions begin and will feature various distances, experience levels, and paces. There will also be an option for people to come, sign in, and do an urban ride or ride on their own.
The Charity Part:
The maximum contribution to AMBUCS, Broke Spoke and the NICA teams, assuming enough miles are logged by participants, to be made jointly by the BCC and West 6th, is $1,400 for each group.
Rider Rewards Part:
Riders will receive rewards at the end of the program based on participation points. 1 point will be awarded for each education session attended and 1 point for each ride attended for a total possible point total of 20 points.
Riders who have 15 or more points will receive a free jersey
Riders who have between 10 and 14 points will receive a free tee shirt
However a participant must have at least 2 points from both rides and education sessions (in other words, to earn a jersey or tee shirt, a participant must attend at least some of both)
There will be a party, celebration, jersey/tee shirt distribution and charity recognition/check delivery event in January of 2023!!!
For more information: https://www.facebook.com/westsixthpedalsandpintsbikeclub