Primary ride leader: Bena Halecky / Wendy Leuenberger , 859-321-4462, 402-910-8330
Additional ride leaders: Christine Cole 859-333-2367, Dan Sharp 859-494-8744...more to be added as needed
Distance: Russell Cave will start with offering A, AB, B, B/C...depending on interest...this may change in the future. We are trying to start a weekly fun event where we can ride, laugh, and maybe even enjoy local store.
Pace: B/C Pace (12-14 mph), B Pace (14-16 mph), A/B Pace (16-18 mph), A Pace (18-20 mph)
Terrain: 1 - Mostly Flat, 2 - Easy Rollers, 3 - Moderate Rollers, 4 - Strenuous Rollers
Map and cue sheet both
The ride will have regrouping
Rain cancels - check Ride Announcements Forum one hour before if unsure https://bcc.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=2154&club_id=740127&item_id=11721
Restroom facilities are available nearby
There will not be a store stop
This terrain lends itself to moderate and Strenuous.
Russell Cave ride will vary rides and distances weekly. It is a location that is fun for all pace groups.This ride has become a favorite of many club members over the years.
RIDERS SHALL NOT COME TO A RIDE IF THEY DO NOT FEEL GOOD, HAVE BEEN RUNNING
A TEMPERATURE, OR HAVE AN ACTIVE CASE OF COVID-19
Riders must maintain current social distancing guidelines - 6 feet apart - before, during and after the rides. Groups are limited to no more than 8-10 individuals. If there are more than
8-10 in a pace group, the group must split, with start times staggered by 5 minutes.
Masks are required before and after the ride where social distancing is difficult to maintain, per state guidelines. Masks will not be required
during the ride since wearing a mask adds stress to the respiratory system. However, the choice is up to the individual rider on whether to wear a mask
during the ride.
Recommended Rider Actions
- Ride with a partner or small group (10 or less please)
- Emergency contact information should be carried with you (this should be normal)
- Have an emergency backup that can come and get you if needed
- Have water, food, etc. for the ride or a store stop scheduled (this should be normal)
- Spare tubes, tools, etc. (this should be normal)
- TAKE PHOTOS and share on the clubs Facebook page
- Based on current guidelines including USA Cycling recommends riding side by side and/or if behind a person 10 feet or more
- If a registered rider decides to not ride he/she must contact the ride leader
- If the registered rider subsequently decides to not to ride, they will be required to contact the ride leader with this informatio