Primary ride leader: Libby Barnes, 859-388-4679
Additional ride leaders: We will have the following spooky sprites and
ghoulish ghosts:; Mark Fielder (BC Co-Ride Leader) 859-245-5128, Stephen Drury (B Co-Ride Leader) 859-333-2063, and Darrell Kincer (AB Co-Ride Leader) 859-608-6456. ; *Updated information about the ride leaders for this Nic Vegas Ride can be located on the BCC Facebook page (closer to ride
time) or by contacting Libby.
If you are not doing any of the other awesome rides, will you please gather with us if you dare for a Spooktacular Ride and Soiree in Nic Vegas this hallowed evening? We will have a howling good time! We will try to relish the fading flashes of daylight as we ride our last spellbinding ride for 2021! The night will be filled with wickedly wonderful rides, thrilling treats, devilishly tasty drinks, fiendish food by Hope Soch of Breads & Spreads Lex., spin-chillingly delicious cake by Brianna Hannigan; hair-raising prizes and awards (year-end and for this ride) by Lorissa Smith of Croc-O-Mud Pottery, and more! We are dying for your company! We promise a frightfully fun time! Woo (Boo) Hoo! We will congregate at the back of The Alternative Jewelry Shop. Announcements will begin at 5:40 PM and we will commence at 5:45 p.m. A restroom and a couple of little monsters (Emma Jean and Anna Belle) will be available in the back of T.A.J.S.
We will have the following distances for this ride:
BC: 14.3 miles 816 elevation
B: 17.9 miles 967 elevation
AB and A: 21 miles 1842 elevation
*Routes can be shortened if needed. Updated information about the distances for this Nic Vegas Ride can be located on the BCC Facebook page (closer to ride time) or by contacting Libby at 859-388-4679.
AB and A: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/37661817
*Updated information about the links for this Nic Vegas Ride can be located on the BCC Facebook page (closer to ride time) or by contacting Libby at 859-388-4679.
RIDERS SHALL NOT COME TO A RIDE IF THEY DO NOT FEEL GOOD, HAVE BEEN RUNNING
A TEMPERATURE, OR HAVE AN ACTIVE CASE OF COVID-19
Riders must maintain current social distancing guidelines - 6 feet apart - before, during and after the rides. Groups are limited to no more than 12 individuals. If there are more than
12 in a pace group, the group must split, with start times staggered by 5 minutes.
Masks are required before and after the ride where social distancing is difficult to maintain, per state guidelines. Masks will not be required
during the ride since wearing a mask adds stress to the respiratory system. However, the choice is up to the individual rider on whether to wear a mask
during the ride.
Recommended Rider Actions
- Ride with a partner or small group (10 or less please)
- Emergency contact information should be carried with you (this should be normal)
- Have an emergency backup that can come and get you if needed
- Have water, food, etc. for the ride or a store stop scheduled (this should be normal)
- Spare tubes, tools, etc. (this should be normal)
- TAKE PHOTOS and share on the clubs Facebook page
- Based on current guidelines including USA Cycling recommends riding side by side and/or if behind a person 10 feet or more
- If a registered rider decides to not ride he/she must contact the ride leader
- If the registered rider subsequently decides to not to ride, they will be required to contact the ride leader with this information.