Calendar - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Pedaling for a Purpose Ride and Education Session
Saturday, September 25, 2021, 9:00 AM
West Sixth Brewery
501 W 6th St
Lexington, KY 40508
Registration is not Required
The Bluegrass Cycling Club and West 6th have agreed to co-sponsor Pedaling for a Purpose again for 2021. The charities we will be riding for include the Fayette and Clark County NICA teams (youth mountain biking teams that are just getting started in Central Kentucky) and Bluegrass AMBUCS - an organization that provides specially adapted bikes for kids who need them.
Education Session 9:00 am - 9:45 am -
Check back the week before the event for information about our speaker. Speakers change each session.
Group Rides Begin at 10 am
Rides offered - We will have group rides with leaders, but you will also have the option to come, sign in, and do something on your own ... Doesn't matter, miles will still count!!! If you plan to ride on your own, you can come and sign in anytime between 9:00 - 11:00 AM... Just time it so you're done by noonish.
BCC Group Rides - Routes and Ride leaders: Pace groups will be offered for the following: Novice on the Legacy Trail, C (10-12 mph), B/C (12-14 mph), B (14-16 mph), A/B (both a shorter and longer route (16-18 mph) and A (18-20 mph)
Check back the Wednesday before the ride for a list of ride leaders and route links.
Restrooms are available on site - Education sessions will be held regardless of weather - Rides may be cancelled or rescheduled if there are severe weather issues. Check the BCC forum and FaceBook for updates.
- To provide educational opportunities for people wanting to learn more about bikes and cycling
- To provide an opportunity for anyone who wants to ride a bike, whether with a group or not, to meet and mingle
- To support health and fitness related charitable organizations
- To mix and expand the various cycling communities that exist in our area
- To provide incentives for people to ride their bikes
- To introduce cycling to new populations
Each mile ridden during pedaling for a purpose will result in $0.40 for the charity of the day. The maximum contribution, to be made jointly by the BCC and West 6th, is $1,300 for each charity
Rider Rewards Part:
Riders will receive rewards at the end of the program based on participation points.
Attendance at each education session is 1 point and at each ride is 1 point – if we do 8 weeks, Covid permitting, total
possible points is 16
• 12 points to earn a jersey
• 8 points to earn a tee shirt (but a max of 6 points from either rides, or education sessions – in other
words, a person must attend some of each)