Primary ride leader: Jay Baker, 859-361-1300 Additional ride leaders: Gayle Tomkinson (330)608-0533; Erik Walles
Distance: One set of rides will start at 1:30 and a second set at 2pm (allowing for drive from church for some riders). We will have a variety of paces and distances, planning on longer than a weeknight ride. Routes to be posted closer to the event.
Pace: C Pace (10-12 mph), B/C Pace (12-14 mph), B Pace (14-16 mph), A/B Pace (16-18 mph), A Pace (18-20 mph), EF (20+ mph)
Terrain: 3 - Moderate Rollers
Map and cue sheet both provided
The ride will have regrouping
Rain cancels - check bgcycling.org forum one hour before if unsure
Restroom facilities are available at the starting location
There will not be a store stop
We have a lot of musical BCCers, so we will combine biking with music and eating! Jay Baker’s Lost Dogs will be the House band, setting up on the stage (our back deck) after the rides, at about 4:00-4:15ish. All BCC musicians are invited to contact Jay in advance of the event in order to join the line-up.
The Social Committee will supply food and drinks.
Members are invited to bring chairs or picnic blankets for stretching out on the yard and enjoying the tunes.
This is a new BCC event and we look forward to positive vibes!
The Rock part:
Jay and the Lost Dogs will start playing in the 4-4:20ish time period, on our deck, with us hanging out on blankets or chairs (that you bring) on the yard, and enjoying refreshments from the Social Committee plus adult beverages you may choose to bring. So far we have one guest BCC musician, so please contact Jay if you want “in”. Several of us have enjoyed listening to this rock band that features 3 guitar players, a drummer, keyboardist and rockin’ flute/cowbell/percussionist. Lots of fun covers of 80’s hits plus a few other mixed in.
The Roll part:
12:30 Bena Halecky will lead EF and Gene Fowler will lead A in the range of 50-60 with a store stop.https://ridewithgps.com/routes/14966678
1:00 A ride for 28 miles, Jay Baker for those in band or helping with setup https://ridewithgps.com/routes/17163765
1:15 start for B ride with David and Devonnia Potter,https://ridewithgps.com/routes/27657222
1:30 is our start time for the following:
AB riding 32 Miles with Paige Haydon ( Dan Bibbey if needed),https://ridewithgps.com/routes/23992306
BC riding 27 Miles with Wanda Bertram,https://ridewithgps.com/routes/17163804
We may have a 23 miler BC led by Richard Norris if he doesn’t have to work making us sticky notes,https://ridewithgps.com/routes/10864368
C riders rolling 23 with Mike Staton, https://ridewithgps.com/routes/10864368
Would you prefer a 2pm start after church? Let me know.
Would you prefer to beat the heat and ride at 8,9 or 10 am, then do other stuff and come here at 4pm? Go for it, post it an start wherever you want. There is plenty of time to tailor this event to your liking. No need to kvetch, take action!
Food will include hot and cold items, meaty and veggie, healthy and comfort. We will have plenty of cold drinks as well as ice cream.
What should you bring:
- a blanket/throw and or chair for leisurely music listening
- adult beverages of your choice
- a change of clothes is a good idea! Also, we are making a shower available...it is in the finished section above our garage, we don’t use it, our cleaners wash it out 2x/ month just bring your own towels, soap, shampoo.
- hot tub apparel if you like
- plenty of parking on the front lawn and out near the barns (just leave the driveway near the deck open for the band vans)
- 2 bathrooms available, up over garage, bike shoes allowed
- buffet will be set up indoors and you’ll eat outdoors
- wine is allowed, whine is not allowed
- we will have a tip jar for Lost Dogs as they are graciously singing for their suppers....but get paid for other gigs in town.
- if high chance for afternoon rain, then the band will need to cancel - electronics can't get wet